Forum

Want to say Hello  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
15/11/2019 6:16 pm  

New to the forum but been playing table hockey since I was a kid in the mid 70's. I do have a small collection of games , Munro , Henry , Irwin and one Coleco. My favorite game is the one I made i will post pictures of that game and the others i have. Looking forward to meet other members.

chinook65 liked
ReplyQuote
chinook65
(@chinook65)
Member Moderator
19/11/2019 12:38 am  

Welcome aboard! 

Would love to see some photos of the game you made. Is it a 100% custom game or a customized table?  

Cheers,

ReplyQuote
Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
19/11/2019 6:29 am  

100% custom made, there are two pieces that are from another game but modified. I will add more pictures and details of the game 

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by Top corner

ReplyQuote
Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
19/11/2019 6:40 am  

Tried to add pictures but there too big. How do you make them smaller? 

ReplyQuote
chinook65
(@chinook65)
Member Moderator
19/11/2019 10:01 am  

The biggest image you can upload is 5MB.

You can always upload to an image sharing website like https://www.flickr.com/ or  https://imgur.com/ and then add the links to the images here - There's lots of them out there.  Or you can email the images to info [at] tablehockeycentral [dot] com and we'll be sure to get them posted.

Cheers,

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by chinook65

ReplyQuote
Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
19/11/2019 12:09 pm  

chinook65,   I just sent an email with some pictures of the game I built. Will add more pictures with detail's and did my best painting the players  🙂

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by thf-lead

ReplyQuote
chinook65
(@chinook65)
Member Moderator
19/11/2019 1:05 pm  

Nice work! What are the materials you used?  

ReplyQuote
Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
19/11/2019 11:31 pm  
Posted by: chinook65

Nice work! What are the materials you used?  

Thank you, 

going to add pictures and materials used. I started this build 6 years ago something I wanted to do for many years got tired of the pucks flying out of play and the game moving around my cousins and I play hard. I don't like bubble hockey. The game was designed around durability, size, tight checking, center player break away, hard shots low and high even a five hole goal like real hockey but looked like an old table hockey game with small modern touches too it.

Frame size is 41.25'' x 24.25'' and made from maple wood, a lot less pinball effect.

Ice surface is 39.75'' x 23''   white plastic 1/4'' thick. I don't know what kind of plastic it is but its hard, my last job had sheets of it and they were throwing it away so I took a sheet. 

The side and end pieces of the maple wood have slots on the inside so you can slide the ice sheet in then added wood screws to hold it together. There is supports under the ice. I will post more pictures 

ReplyQuote
Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
19/11/2019 11:35 pm  

pic

ReplyQuote
chinook65
(@chinook65)
Member Moderator
22/11/2019 3:12 pm  

Where are the players from? Did you make them or get them from another game setup? I really like the goalies.

And the plastic ice surface? Does it work well? 

ReplyQuote
Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
22/11/2019 9:04 pm  
Posted by: chinook65

Where are the players from? Did you make them or get them from another game setup? I really like the goalies.

And the plastic ice surface? Does it work well? 

The players are from a Power Play 2 game but modified I will explain. I wanted a realistic player plus a left and a right hand player and that's why I used them. What I did was grafted a Munro player base to a player modified the stick so it was longer, the game is wider and added a lip to the blade of the stick high and low shots. Once the modifications were to my liking a made a mold of it both left and right hand players. I used a plastic resin to make the players, very strong and can take a beating. In the pictures you will see white player, those players still have the stubs on them when they came out of the mold.

ReplyQuote
Top corner
(@top-corner)
Rookie
22/11/2019 9:16 pm  

Now the goalie, I wanted realistic plus sneaking a puck threw the five hole. I have a few goalie figures and found one that was perfect, his name is Carey Price see photo. A made a mold from him with out the stick. 

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by Top corner

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: