Notifications
Clear all

My First Game - Coleco Power Play  

RSS

GKerr77
(@gkerr77)
Rookie
11/08/2019 10:31 am  

My uncle owned an old Bobby Orr game that he kept in his basement. He would always bring out the game for me and my brother when we were coming to visit, and we would play that game in the basement for the entire time we were there. 

My parents got us this Coleco game for Christmas and we played it so much. Lots of competitiveness and trash talking (even as kids!). Some games ended in wrestling matches. LOL. Good times!

Ralpheeee liked
BobbyClarke
(@bobbyclarke)
Rookie
07/10/2020 10:48 am  

I believe  this is the  Coleco Model  5170  and in my opinion is  the last great, classic  table  hockey game ever manufactured.     I  distinctly  remember  buying  one  in the fall of  1981  because  my  college  roommate and I  wanted  to continue  the table  hockey league  we  had  started in junior high school.  The old  games  we  had  been playing on  got thrown away  by our mothers.

I collect  table hockey games and  was  lucky enough to  purchase  this very model  while it is in an unopened  box  and in  mint condition.   I suspect there  are  a few more  somewhere  out there  in the world.

chinook65 liked
ReplyQuote
Ralpheeee
(@ralpheeee)
Rookie
12/10/2020 8:08 am  

@bobbyclarke Hi I got my 1st table hockey Christmas 1972 at 8 yrs old. Bruins vs Rangers Stanley Cup. I refurbish Coleco games. I also handpaint the 3D gameroom players. They fit on regular Coleco games.

ReplyQuote
BobbyClarke
(@bobbyclarke)
Rookie
12/10/2020 10:42 am  

While  we're  on the subject.  I   have 3  Coleco  Models  5385.   I love  these  games.   They  have  the  gondola  type  scoreboard  and puck dropper.   Nice  design.  Allows  for  fast play.  Good graphics.

My problem is that  the  two  white, plastic  supports  for  the scoreboards  are  sagging  and it is impossible to  drop the puck  directly  on the dot  at center  ice.   Any ideas  as  to how  these  can be fixed  or  otherwise  supported  so that they  remain in a stationary position?    I have not been able to figure  out  a  way to do it.

ReplyQuote
Ralpheeee
(@ralpheeee)
Rookie
14/10/2020 8:39 am  

@bobbyclarke  The white scoreboards I believe were from the games made in the early 1980s. I have the older orange scoreboards and I replaced the cardboard with the plexiglass I use to go around the boards. Those white scoreboards were really flimsy if I recall. I do not have any of those scoreboards. Maybe you can use the plexiglass somehow to sturdy your uprights if you have extras.

ReplyQuote
BobbyClarke
(@bobbyclarke)
Rookie
14/10/2020 9:42 am  

Yeah, using the  plexiglass on the scoreboard the way you have  is a good idea.   Very creative.   Those  slightly  older  versions  of the Coleco game with the orange supports worked  really well and have lasted  for  40 years.

I'll  keep  experimenting.   

ReplyQuote
Ralpheeee
(@ralpheeee)
Rookie
15/10/2020 6:04 am  

@bobbyclarke  good luck and wish I had better advice for you.

ReplyQuote
Share: