Clear all

Wrecked ice sheet on my Stiga table  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Rover528
(@rover528)
Rookie
17/07/2020 3:26 pm  

@chinook65OK. Thanks again for the advice. 

ReplyQuote
MikeInSanDiego
(@mikeinsandiego)
Rookie
18/07/2020 2:59 pm  

Hi guys, just sharing my experience in case it helps you with your ice sheet issue. The ice sheet on my Stiga that had been sitting dormant for a few years had curling on the edges of most of the slots, some of which affected play, especially in the left wing. I tried to reverse the curling by placing the entire sheet under a very thick and heavy glass top from a coffee table we don't use anymore. I had a very good flat surface to put it on too. The entire sheet was weighted down like this for 3 months total, checking about once a month to see if there was any progress. After month two I also tried heating up the curled areas with a blow dryer while under the glass. After all this, the impact was very minimal and the curling still affected play. I went ahead and just bought a "new" ice sheet. I put "new" in quotes because I bought a discounted sheet from tablehockey.net. Before buying on their website I sent them an email with a question or two, and in that exchange I found out they have lower priced ice sheets because they have minor imperfections (no holes or tears though). They provided me some options of what they had on hand, which was great so I could pick a sheet that fit my needs and budget. They also have ice sheets with adhesive on the back, which I didn't even know was an option. Anyway, if you're on a budget, send them an email and ask about the discounted sheets. 

Whatever route you decide, good luck!

Ralpheeee liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: