Forum

Wrecked ice sheet on my Stiga table  

RSS

straighteight
(@straighteight)
Rookie
18/04/2019 4:23 pm  

Would anyone know the best material to use if I want to make my own custom ice sheet for my Stiga board? I priced out purchasing a replacement sheet and that will cost me about $60 (that's with shipping) and I'm wondering if I can just buy a similar material at Home Depot or Lowes. 

Thanks

This topic was modified 4 months  ago by straighteight

ReplyQuote
fdeangelo
(@fdeangelo)
Rookie
21/04/2019 6:52 am  

The ice sheets are very thin plastic. I have never seen anything that thin. I have seen something a bit thicker but I'm not sure where. I would try a hobby web site or arts and crafts site. How about that poster board material? I'm wondering how you are going to cut the slots for the players?

If you are a do it yourself type person that takes pride in doing projects I think you can do this.

ReplyQuote
fdeangelo
(@fdeangelo)
Rookie
21/04/2019 7:46 am  

I was watching this video about customizing a Stiga game and the author created his own ice service with laminated matte paper.

Go to 1:40 which is where he mentions it. 

ReplyQuote
fdeangelo
(@fdeangelo)
Rookie
21/04/2019 8:51 am  

For some reason the URL for the video on customizing a Stiga game and the comment about a custom made ice sheet did not stay on the above post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bFyaozChw

ReplyQuote
thf-lead
(@thf-lead)
Member Admin
21/04/2019 9:22 am  

Thanks for posting. We'll check into it and see what the problem was when you posted the video.

ReplyQuote
Btanner77
(@btanner77)
Rookie
06/07/2019 1:57 pm  

I came up with a pretty good solution that has worked for me and has actually made the game a bit faster. I bought a cheap picture frame at Walmart that comes with a very thin sheet of clear plastic. I cut the plastic to size and then cut the slots in the plastic with an exacto blade. It took a little longer than I thought it would, but the new plastic layer covered the cracks in the sheet and the game moves a lot faster now. 

ReplyQuote
Share: